Ancestors play a critical role in all Traditional African Religions, regardless of region or people. Ancestors are elders (at least 40 years of age) that exhibited good character prior to death. The articles below are split into in-house and off-site resources.
- Who is an Ancestor? Quiz
- What is Egungun
- Heaven for a Thug?: Why Libation and Young Warriors Don’t Mix
- Trace Your Lineage, Genealogy
- While We Danced, Our Egun Sized Each Other Up!
- Feeding the Ancestors
- Effectively Communicating with Your Egun Part 1
- Effectively Communicating with Your Egun Part 2
- 4- Cowry / Obi Divination w/ our Ancestors Part 1
- We Don’t Die (Short Story)
- African Burial Customs
- Egungun, Oro, Abiku, and Various Superstitions
- Egungun Masquerades, Assorted
- Egungun in Iragbiji